Saturday, December 24, 2005

Then there were 6

This is the sixth post. Joy.

Christmas time has made its appearance again. How joyful. It would be okay if shops and supermarkets were not so crowded.

I have decided that I hate Christmas shopping.

The Visit to the Bakery

Mom: We need rolls!

Me: Really?

Mom: Yes!

Me: Okay...

(Mom walks over to bakery nearest to us)

Mom: Ahem, excuse me, can we get two of those rolls?

Shop Lady: Okay okay

(Shop Lady walks and takes two rolls from rack)

Shop Lady: Here

(Mom stuggles to find change. I am tapping my foot)

Mom: Oh here we are! Thankyou!

(Shop Lady hands over bag)

Shop: How many buns are there?

(Mom looks confused)

Mom: Huh?

Me: Two

Shop Lady: It's only forty cents, not sixty cents

Me: Oh boy....

Mom: Oh my! Right... hold on a moment then

(Mom rummages in purse for forty cents)

Mom:(muttering) There's forty cents in here somewhere....

(Mom finally hands over forty cents and in the process drops display bun)

Mom: Oh dear! Katherine go pick it up!

(I feel like a slave)

(Mom looks around at other buns)

Mom: *gasp* (muttering to me) These donuts are $1.50! At the other shop it was at least 80 cents. What are they trying to do, rip us off?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a highlight of the day. How intersting it was.

I have found out something new. If I have a shower and then leave the window open, the result is a bird's nest. No wonder so many people were looking at me in Safeway. It wasn't until later when my mom said to me, "Katherine, young women should have an imacculate appearance. Your hair is disgraceful. Just because you have short hair doesn't mean you don't brush it." She said this quite loudly too.

*sigh* Oh how interesting Christmas is. I will be going to the midnight mass yet again. We have never failed at not going. I shall be sleepy!

Merry Christmas to all of you and I hope your Christmas Eve was as eventful as mine! (How plasticy I must sound)

6 Comments:

Blogger FROGGY said...

midnight mass !!! is this some church thing, because of the word "mass". well if it is then my first thought was very wrong. i thought it would be a party where you eat, drink, see fireworks and well overall, get drunk T_T oops...

birds nest. um don't blame the wind for your bad hair days. =]

ahh man, let's go christmas shopping and buy you a camera for your bedroom/bathroom alright? xmas sales are now on. ^^ you worry too much katherine. so gullible T_T LOL jess did one great job.... >_>

10:34 PM  
Blogger Yi-Ling said...

I did not know you went to the midnight mass! o_O I never have. Duh. Um anyway........

Your mum talks like you. I mean, who else says "Oh my!" ???

11:34 AM  
Blogger poobah-kath said...

um... well... we do not talk like each other!!! goodness...

midnight mass is boring...

12:36 PM  
Blogger FROGGY said...

um wth.

midnight mass sounds stupid.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Yi-Ling said...

You do so talk like each other. In the same sort of manner I mean. i don't think you would notice it because you talk to her so often......

11:22 AM  
Blogger poobah-kath said...

well, I only ever talk to my parents when I'm not talking to anyone else...

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home