Friday, June 30, 2006

Han

I have had the urge to post once again. I really should not make this a habit. I could be obliged to blog every week and that would be indeed disturbing.

Han. Han is a korean concept. It is a deep and profound sadness. It is so deep and so profound that one cannot even cry. Yet, in that sadness, there is a sense of hope.

I was thinking about that concept. It made me wonder if that is what the Holocaust survivors felt, sadness with hope. I wonder if I will ever feel as strong as an emotion as Han.

I think about all the things that I have felt sad over in my life. I find the need to question whether any of those times I have been sad was really true sadness. Reading about Han just makes me wonder whether any of the emotions that I feel are really true emotions. Compared to Han, my sadness is nothing but a shadow of it. Will we ever feel the "true" emotions?

Han is just a concept but still. It is almost like I know what Han is and I have felt it before yet, how could I have? I have not gone through true hardship and sadness like others of my age. I do not think that I am entitled to feel Han but still the feelling lingers.

Pfft... I'm just going on about something stupid. lol, That stuff up there doesn't even make sense. I'm just going on about nothing. XD. Well, it's fun to go on about nothing sometimes.

A short post. Do you see?

9 Comments:

Blogger FROGGY said...

Maybe what you and others feel is a part of Han, but with no hope.

I think that one day we will feel the "true" emotions. But you don't have to yearn and wait for it.

How is Han a korean concept?

12:38 PM  
Blogger poobah-kath said...

I dunno... they just named it Han... It's not a korean concept as such. I mean, the word is korean... but yeah.. OMG I DON'T GET WHAT YOU'RE SAYING... grah

2:30 PM  
Blogger FROGGY said...

grah ? a mixture of gar and rah, so it seems. sounds like dirt >_> or that Grugg guy...

Sorry, i am vague.. I meant..It's like talking about " chinese proverbs " and how you confirm those proverbs as...chinese or whatever. And the fact that Han is a korean concept because it was...formed by a korean person or what?? aiya...

i don't get what you're saying either.

7:42 PM  
Blogger poobah-kath said...

lol... confusion is bliss... (as you can see, I changed it for my use)

la la la

grah? I'm ripping things off you viv...

I think they're regarded as chinese or korean because they were thought of and classified first by that thing? I dunno...

9:17 AM  
Blogger FROGGY said...

have you ever tried jelly with milk... or coconut sprinkles.

i think i prefer it with milk.

grah is cute enough ^^

sounds like grass rah-ing.

10:02 PM  
Blogger poobah-kath said...

jelly with milk?! ehh...

jelly with coconut sprinkles?! double ehh...

grah... is... grah...

10:55 AM  
Blogger Yi-Ling said...

omg! was that what you were trying to express in your story? that hermione story where she plays piano. han. how dodgy. i really don't think...

HERMIONE DOESN'T DESERVE HAN.

7:55 PM  
Blogger FROGGY said...

hermione playing piano ???

THAT DOESN'T FIT. AT ALL.

unless you wrote it really well. >_>

HERMIONE WITH HAN ??

nice one.

8:44 PM  
Blogger poobah-kath said...

oh lol... I have inspiration from everything! ^—^

I'm so retarted sometimes...

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home