Sunday, July 23, 2006

Blab and more blab

I have updated. Ha! I am into pointing out the most obvious things, such as this.

Wilson Weng is a crap ass and using that title doesn't even start to describe how much of an arse he is. Gosh, I just really want to rub it in that he really doesn't look good with a mullet. Eww... It's just.. yuck. Disgusting. Yuck. Disgusting... (you get the point)

This is the time, I think, to devulge in the more embarrassing moments of the Lee family. Ready? Good.

My mother and I went shopping at Box Hill at one of the Korean stores to get kimchi (Yes, we did run out and yes, that is why we went to get more. Hello... I did actually say that I have a thing of pointing out obvious matters... duh...). Anyway. So, we walk into the shop. It is at this moment that my cheeks start to burn. My mother stands surprised for a few moments.

Mother: Hmm... the place changed again.

Me: Uh huh... that would be why they keep the kimchi at the front not at the back.

Mother: Well anyway, which kimchi do you want?

Me: Er... the normal kind?

Mother: Katherine, you can have the (insert korean word which is actually paldo) kimchi or you can have the other ones...

Me: Then I'll have to recognise it by how it looks, not what the bag says. <--- that comment didn't even fit in with the trend of the conversation but anyway...

Mother: Well... still... what kimchi do you want?

Me: Oh, that one. (points at desired kimchi)

Mother: Oh right, looks good. (picks up bag and reads korean, something that I still have to learn... )

Me: Hey mom! It's made in Canterbury! (notices big english letters saying Canterbury Road, Canterbury)

Mom: ...

Me: No? It's says it's from Canterbury...

Mom: That's in Sydney...

Me: It is?

Mom: Yes... note the postcode... (it starts with 2 and has weird digits)

Me: Oh right...

Mom: Do you want anything else? Seaweed?

Me: Ooh... yummy (catches the sight of seaweed. you know, the seaweed salad)

It is at this point a random Korean guy comes over. Okay... maybe not random since he obviously runs the shop.

Man: Like the seaweed? It's Japanese. Very yummy. (says all of that in accented english. My god, jeebus... it's a sort of I-call-television-terebision accent. Damn weird.)

Mom: ...

Me: ...

Man: ...

Mom: I know. (She said that in korean)

Man: ==" Right... I hadn't realised you were korean because you spoke english... (says in korean)

Mom: ...


Anyway... I'm bored. This was stupid and I don't really care. Goodbye...

3 Comments:

Blogger FROGGY said...

katherine! =]

boys with mullet. not very nice.

that was a very...interesting conversation o.O

okey dokey. my parents are arguing. time to turn up loud music.

comment me too !

btw. nice jacket..jumper..whatever. today.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Yi-Ling said...

oh...poor you, viv. luckily, that rarely happens to me anymore.

I FEEL LEFT OUT ><'

um right.

10:04 PM  
Blogger FROGGY said...

KATHERINE. UPDATE YOUR BLOG =]

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home